Translate

2014年7月19日星期六

the trip to New York(part 1)

I went to New York by myself!
This is my first time to go abroad ,first time to travel alone ,and I just went to New York BY MYSELF!
Actually ,it was not as difficult as I thought. Before leaving, I bought two maps, one was of Manhattan, the other was of the New York’s subway. It looks so complicated on the map of the subway lines, but after the first time I took it , it just became much more clear in my mind. In fact, the road of New York was very easy to maneuver, because they use numbers to name the roads and the roads was very orderly. To be honest, comparing with the first day when I walked in Yale confusedly ,trying to find the place to take the texts while dragging the big suitcases ,it was more easy to travel in New York.
I had wrote a list before I went there and tried to get to as many as possible.
I visited the metropolitan museum of art first. When I looked this suit, a man stood next me screamed : “wow! He must be very hot!”

When I rested on the grass of Central Park, I saw two man hugging, they didn’t  care about other people’s opinions, and I also enjoy this feeling.


When I went to see the Empire State Building, something happened. A black man who dressed like a policeman asked me to stop . After I stopped ,he asked me if I have the tickets for  Empire State Building and I said no. So he just printed a ticket from a small machine and it was $39 . But when I got to  the building, I found it was just $29  per person.  I asked the staff ,who were the people standing outside and they just said: “sorry, they don’t work for us. But this ticket can be used ,too.” I felt astonished that they also have scalpers in America ,I thought American had such good rules. Although the black man looked tall and big and scary, I thought it was in the central of the city and they couldn’t do something horrible. So I just waked back and said straight: “I don’t want this ticket.”  he didn't want to talk to me,
“why?“he asked, 
“because my friends have bought a ticket for me, and I don’t know. They are waiting for me now.”

1 条评论:

  1. PLEASE edit first...and I need to look over it too before you publish. Remember?!?

    回复删除