Translate

2014年8月4日星期一

New York (part 2)

“Ok, I’ll return you half of the money” he said and tried to walk away.
“What? I just bought it one minute ago!”
As we were arguing, another group of people were coming and was interested in the tickets sold by the scalper. A girl who had heard what I said asked : “Why doesn’t she want this ticket?”
I looked at this girl and just smiled at her, I hoped she could know what I meant. The black guy wanted to walk away , but I just followed on the heels of him and kept speaking in a louder tone : “I don’t want this ticket!”
So , the girl kept asking the man: “Why? Why doesn’t she want this ticket?” The man began to fair I would ruin his business , so he said to the girl: “You heard ? She said her friends had bought a ticket for her!”
“I want $40 back” I added( he even have charged me the tips which I didn’t intend to give him).
He gave me $40 back quickly and I walked away.
I was so sorry I couldn’t tell the truth to the girl straightly, hope she could know what I meant in that smile.
So, I have a question in my heart. Why are the scalpers so furious in America .They even have the machine to print the tickets, who gave them the machine?

With these questions ,I got up to the top of Empire State Building. Thanks for the beautiful night scene, it comforted my upset caused by the scalpers and the long queue.


没有评论:

发表评论