Translate

2014年8月7日星期四

be locked out

 I live in a single room in Yale . Although there are a lot of advantages for living alone when you forget your keys and be locked out, you wouldn’t think like that.
One day , I remembered I had left the door open when I went to take a shower. But when I finished the shower and got out from the bathroom, I was astonished by the closed door. I was wrapped the bath towel, standing outside the door and felt very helpless, because it was already passed 3:00 am, I thought everyone should had slept.
I wanted to call the staff for help, but I didn’t have the phone. So I knocked the door of administrator, and there was no response as expected. But I found her key was just on the lock, so after a short time for thinking, I finally decided to open the door. Than I found she was sleeping on the bed but her phone was just on the desk. So I just took out her phone silently like a thief  because I didn’t want to wake her up. And I was very happy to find that there was no password of her phone.
I tried to found the paper which has the number of the staff. It used  to be stuck on the door. But it had gone in that emergency! Luckily, when I was worried, a man who came out from the playroom was just passing by my door.
“Are you locked out?”
“Yes” I said in embarrassment.
“Can I help you?”
“Yeah, do you have the number of the Yale security?”
“Actually , I do have!”
He said and show me the number. But because I didn’t have the glasses in that time, I couldn’t see the number clearly. So I stretched my arm to him with the phone in my hand and he laughed:
“Okay, I know”
 Than he helped me to put the number.
“I am so happy to be helpful, it really have a distance to go to the office.” He said.
Especially when I wearing like this! I added in my heart.
“Really thank you !”I said to him and called the staff.

Finally, a middle-aged man came and helped me open the door. I was so exhausted after the whole thing and hoped I could have a roommate.

没有评论:

发表评论